Sunday, November 05, 2006

Weekend Update

It's Sunday morning and I'm drinking my coffee before the husband gets up. We'll go to the second service at church. After that there's a turkey dinner that's a fundraiser for the food pantry so we'll probably eat turkey in fellowship hall. And while we eat turkey we will argue whether it's called "stuffing" or "dressing."

Yesterday I had a pretty good day. I went for a standout for a political candidate here (not in my district, but the next one over. My district's not a swing district at all so there's little point in doing stuff around here). I just held a sign and some people honked and gave thumbs-up. Then we all went for lunch and I begged off the afternoon door-to-door because I had to come home and clean. Well then I got caught up going to the grocery and running errands with Andy--since he was in a cranky mood, he didn't feel like doing them alone. I let him buy some caramel Reece's cups so he perked up considerably. The good part of that was that when we got home, he pitched in with cleaning as we had less than half the time I needed to get the house presentable.

BUT, there's no better feeling than a clean house, and our house was pretty close by the time our friends came. We had some candles burning, everything put away, a fire going in the fireplace...lovely. And we had four friends over and we ate burgers and drank champagne and beer (i know, i know) and played trivial pursuit. The girls beat the boys at the last minute. It has been so, so, so long since I've had an evening like that...just...friendly. I'm friends with both the girls (really good friends with one--she's the one who is also TTC so we email nearly every day), and the boys all got along just fine. It was very relaxed and we had fun. I will have to organize another one of those. That one was a complete fluke and just happened because we girls wanted to get together, and you can't really leave the boys, so we put them to work grilling.

There was one semi-bad thing that happened yesterday. Andy went down to the basement to get the table and came back up and said, "Umm, honey, I think we broke the table." When we moved it down before the hardwood floors, we were frustrated that it didn't break into pieces since it was so heavy. Well, halfway through moving (between the porch and the tree, down the cement steps), we were suddenly elated to discover that the table did, in fact, break into four parts! Woohoo!

And yesterday we learned that it wasn't really supposed to do that. Now we have a table in pieces. And I have no idea why, but he went ahead and brought the four chairs up, so they are sitting there all naked in the kitchen. I'm not mad that it's broken, though, because the table was free in the first place and sorely needed to be replaced--we just didn't quite plan on doing it so soon.

It looks like today we will be furniture shopping. I'm looking online to check out the deals. And I think my song for the day will have to be Ashlee Simpson's "Pieces of me."

1 comment:

Kait Nolan said...

That's easy, if it was cooked IN the turkey it's stuffing. If it was cooked as a sort of casserole in a baking dish, it's dressing. It is also stuffing if someone committed the heinous offense of using storebought Stovetop, no matter how it's cooked.