Saturday, September 23, 2006

Okay, a real post

I know I have posted anything real in awhile, sorry sorry! The hubby got into a car wreck on Monday and his car is drivable but pretty darn beat up. We are waiting on the assessor to come and figure out the damage to determine whether they will total it or fix it. We would rather fix it because another car payment is not that exciting.

Hubby's bday is coming up. He really, really doesn't want me to get him anything but I want to get him something! He especially doesn't want me to waste 3 dollars on a card because he will just throw it away. I am thinking of trying to get some Bruins tickets or something like that--something that will be a real treat for him. It would be even better if I told him he could take a guy to it instead of me; then he could drink beer and eat nachos with jalepenos to his heart's content. We will have to wait and see though. He can be really uptight about money so I don't want to spend "too much" even though he bought me a huge anniversary present. I just don't understand that man; he sees presents for me as "an investment" and presents for him as "a waste of money."

Chester is getting a bath today and he doesn't know it yet. He's enjoying having me home; I haven't been home much lately! As I am a real homebody this has been probably more stressful on me than on the dog. I just love being home and everything home-ish. I don't like being gone 7 am to 9:30 pm. The house is not clean enough and I haven't had time to do anything crafty lately.

Oh did I mention I now have a minimum hour-long commute? Superfun. Maggie suggested I find some books-on-cd and I may do that. Usually I flip around on the radio and sing really loudly to keep myself awake at 6:50 am. My xm radio works again and I have been meaning to plug it in in my car (but first I have to find it and put the magnetic antenna up). That has the best music. I wish I had a smaller version of it though; one the size of an Ipod that I could slip in to work and listen to while writing code. I would like an Ipod except for the work it takes to set up and purchase music lists--too much for me! I'd rather just listen to non-commercial radio. And now I also have to pay $210 in parking a month. I have offered to take over kitchen duty in exchange for the company's paying for my parking and the Executive Assistant perked up at this idea and said she'd forward it on to management right away. Apparently having the regular cleaning service also run the dishwasher, put away dishes, and wipe the counters once a day is really expensive. Even though I know it would be adding extra work to an already-hectic schedule, I would like to have that extra money every month.

And the ultra-top-secret news that you CANNOT tell anybody (for folks who actually know me) is that we quit with the birth control a few weeks ago. What's the sense in waiting until January? Obviously I'll post as soon as something comes of it.

My dad has not been feeling well and no, I don't want to talk about it, but there it is.

In better news, my birthday is coming up in November--that means only one month and a week until Birthday Month and a little more than that until Birthday Week. Woohoo!

Tonight we are going to Manchester to watch Renee's husband in the Ultimate Fighting competition at the Verizon arena. He is competing for the New England Middleweight championship. This is his last fight ever--he just turned 33 and he feels it's time to retire "because kids will be coming along soon." And of course he told me that about 30 minutes after Renee had been telling me she couldn't see kids coming along for at least 3-4 years...ha ha. They are too cute together. They really are a wonderful couple. I may make signs to take tonight; I'm gonna call her to ask if that's "done" and then I'll go to Walmart and buy the stuff to make them. I think we're going to try to be there in time to have dinner with Renee. She is really nervous for Leigh and wants him to win so badly so that he can go out with a real flair.

I guess that is it. I'm gonna go grab another half-cup of coffee and get ready to shower the dog. I have also been meaning to install my software for downloading/manipulating video files so I can start posting our videos to you-tube so I may do that.

Hope you all are having a great day.

No comments: