Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Told the Husband

and he loves the car! He was really pleased about the whole thing--most of all the fact that I enjoy driving it so much. He liked the price, liked the specs, and was grateful I did it while he was gone. He drove it today and said honestly, he didn't much care for the feel of it, but that is because he loves big barrelling trucks and SUVs that make you feel like a piece of popcorn (bounce! bounce! bounce!). My car is smooth and the brakes are feather-sensitive, and he said that while he thought it was a perfect fit for me, he would have chosen a pickup truck. I replied that I was glad I bought it while he was gone!!! Really, though, he's completely supportive and is very, very happy about my choice of car. Also, he said he's glad that I am able to make big decisions without him. My mother has somewhat of a complex about not being able to make big decisions AT ALL (my dad must make them all), and he was pleased I am not showing evidence of having that trait. I research it, I test drive, I know my price, and I buy it at my price. I am exactly like my dad in that respect. I do not want to agonize, and I don't doubt my decision. Neither does my husband. I wasn't worried about his reaction but it's nice to know that I really *do* know my husband as well as I thought I did.

Now I'm sitting here drinking a glass of sauvignon blanc, having finished my salmon and rice. I did a good job on dinner! I've made this particular meal before with supervision, so I guessed I'd do a decent job. I'm watching American Idol and I'm more and more impressed with Chris. I didn't like him at first because, ick ick ick, he has facial hair. I think facial hair looks exactly like the OTHER hair you cover with your underpants. But I suppose I must acknowledge he has talent, even if I wouldn't kiss him. Taylor, who also hasn't impressed me up until now, got funky! What a hoot he is!!!! I like him now as well. I am a sucker for old-timey funk.

I start my new job next week, so I've been working on my final papers today. I am getting more and more excited about my new job--what opportunities abound! I'll work my butt off but there's nothing bad about that. I'll get better, move up, and maybe one day I'll wake up and my butt will actually be smaller. I've been reading some motivational business books and I'm getting pumped.

My husband will be home in half an hour or so, and I'm already excited. Is it normal to be in love with your husband even with all the stress in life? The book I've been reading says if you pour yourself into something and put it high in importance in your life, you will continually find new things that fascinate you and rejuvinate you about it. I think I must feel that way about my marriage. I am still madly in love with my husband, and I feel like I'm waiting for a date to pick me up when I watch the clock to see when he will come home. I'm giddy! This must be one of the best blessings in life ever given, and I'm so grateful God gave it to me.

The dog says he's a blessing, and he has some holy water to bestow upon the holy grass. I must take him out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,

I was going to e-mail you but it will not let me access your e-mail for some reason. At any rate, I listened to some of your music this evening and it is so pretty. I love, "Are you lonesome tonight".
you sing it so pretty. Did you study music in school? Do you play the background music to your singing?

Have a great evening!
Viola