Monday, May 29, 2006

All right, all right

It has been awhile since I posted! But it's a lovely Memorial Day morning, the sun is out, and I'm up with my dog while my husband is still asleep. No better time than now to blog!

Things overall have been a bit stressful. My job is very demanding but I'm acclimating pretty well, so that's good. I got to see the new office on Friday and it is swaaaaaaaaanky! We're moving the office in September. The office itself inspired me to be a more professional, successful worker. It's very posh and I want to earn the right to be there--and by that I mean I want to be successful at my training program so that when I move to the new office it'll nearly be time for a promotion.

My husband is okay. As I mentioned earlier, his car got broken into, so he has been a bit frustrated. We're both feeling some kind of throat problem and I don't know what it is. It must be tied to sinus drainage so I took a Sudafed when I awoke. On Saturday we did gobs of work around the house and yesterday we went deep sea fishing with some friends so today we have *some* chores but not a full day's worth. I am toying with the idea of going to the fabric store to purchase some fabric to make a drape for the second bedroom's closet door. There is already a dowel rod in place. My alternative option is to do yard work, which could also be therapeutic. We need to paint and such inside but I don't know when we'll get to it. I have to admit that on a cloudy, cool, rainless day my first move is to go outside. I'm also reading Elizabeth Peters' Serpent on the Crown (started it last night) and it's fun. I so rarely get to read fiction that this feels like a real treat. I also feel I should run today--I dreamed last night that an old friend said I was on the verge of being overweight. Whether this is true or it's just my subconscious mind, it still shows that I'm concerned about my health. However, if this throat thing doesn't subside, I'll rest. I don't have enough time to eat at work and I definitely haven't been overeating. Usually the stress alone keeps me from eating much all day.

We have finished our coursework and turned everything in. It feels so strange not to have homework to do every evening! I can't believe I finished on time. No, really, I'm not just saying that. I'm still scratching my head about how exactly it happened!!

I think it's time to pour myself some Cheerios (breakfast of choice when I will be home most of the day and don't have to worry about going 6 hours between meals) and continue on with Mrs. Amelia Peabody and her crazy Egyptian adventures...but since the chimney guy is coming again, perhaps I should change into presentable clothing first!

No comments: