Monday, July 10, 2006

It's Been Awhile

I've been told I need to update, and I agree that it has been awhile since I've written. Last week I was in Colorado on vacation, woohoo! I went hiking and fishing and even went skeet shooting. Nothing much happened while I was there; I got a sunburn on my knees and watched a great parade on July 4. Other than that...ate a lot of food, read books, relaxed...yep, that's about it.

And that brings me to this: today is the day of my new Get in Shape Girl program. I tried to begin before vacation but didn't keep it up during vacation so I'm trying again. I have joined the Presidential Fitness thing and I have to work out at least 30 minutes, 5 times a week for 6-8 weeks and I'll get a medal (probably an e-medal). Go me! I ran on the treadmill tonight, 2.2 miles, and did lots of situps, pushups, and leg lifts. It wasn't easy, and it wasn't pretty, but I feel good that I can still do it. I wonder how long it'll take me before I'm actually back in shape. I'm also setting a goal of eating salad every day this week for lunch. We don't own a scale so I'll just have to go on how my pants fit. Speaking of that, I need to hem a pair tonight to wear tomorrow.

It has just occured to me that this blog post is terribly uninteresting. Sorry.

I got a new computer at work. TWO monitors! Woohoo! I love it. Work was pretty slow today but eh, oh well. It was just slow beause I was waiting on other people.

I have been off coffee for nearly a month now, and every day is still a struggle. Will it ever get easier? I guess old habits are hard to break. I still love the smell of coffee in the mornings and every Starbucks I pass is a tempting stop-off.

Well, I'm off to hem my pants. Sorry this isn't more interesting; I'll write more stuff later.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Found your blog through CapeCod Porcupine. Yes indeed a nice little blog. On pregnancy when I had my son, I had a doula. Doulas are like professional labor coaches, so they can help you out in labor since they've witnessed and helped during dozens/hundreds of births so your husband can focus on you and the baby. Husbands are great during birth, but just not that helpful due to lack of experience.

Captain Quahog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee said...

Christy, I have no way of privately contacting you. Someone is using your image with your husband (disorting it a bit) and calling both of you "douchebags" as a concern regarding banning straight marriage.

http://dirtylittlemollusk.blogspot.com/

You must take appropriate action on this.

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Blah, blah friggin blah