Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Morning

Is there anything better than a reasonably-clean house and a newly-stocked fridge? Well, yes, I'm sure there are better things, but for the time being, I'm enjoying the feeling. It really reminds me how blessed we are; so many people don't have the option of going to the grocery and bringing home a wide array of nutritious foods. We have friends who just moved back to South Africa to do AIDs Christian ministry, and I know that many of the folks they minister to will not have a house and a stocked fridge like we get to enjoy today. Perhaps this is a small blessing in life--and you might think it's meaningless--but I am grateful for it.

Today I'm going to be doing yard work. My husband will be at the camp in NH for a meeting and will come back around 3. Then it'll be time for our friends' housewarming party--how exciting! This is probably the best friend I have in Boston, and a little over a year ago she met the man she is marrying in a few weeks and immediately fell madly in love. A week into it, she knew--and, given our history, I understood! I had the sorrow of watching her move to NH to be with him, but the joy of knowing how happy she was. I'm singing in their wedding, and I get to sing the song that was "our song" to which we danced our first dance as husband and wife.

I've been keeping up with dieting pretty well, and I feel better. Go me! Today's weeding should burn some calories. I'm going to take a before picture so that the after will look that much better. It's pretty awful right now, as you might guess. All this Boston rain has led to a jungle instead of a front porch. I'll fix that!

Well, time to surf others' blogs. Hope your Saturdays are great too!

No comments: