Friday, July 28, 2006

Yet another storm

And this time, it downed a tree and knocked the power lines down and I had to park in the neighbors' driveway because our whole half of the street was blocked by knee-level wires. I ducked under where it was five feet high to get in the house. The "guys," whoever they are, are working on it now. I heard chain saws about half an hour ago.

The dog was panicking during the enormous storm...and when I took him to the bedroom to snuggle and insulate ourselves from scary sounds, he quickly moved to this position:

He only poked his head to plead with me, "Make it stop!" The rest of the time, all I could see was a little black nose behind the bed skirt.

Job's still going great; I really enjoy it. Hubby comes back tomorrow--woohoo! I hate it when he's gone. I'll clean up tomorrow morning.

I've been watching My Big Fat Greek wedding and feel homesick for my own family. There won't be a big family event for awhile...well, my cousin's birthday is a shindig in September. He turns one. He's my first cousin once removed? Anyway, everybody's coming in town for that. If my mom goes I might ask if my parents would fly me to Cinci to go too. I hate being stuck away from everybody here in Boston.

Oops, hubby on the phone, gotta go.

No comments: