Saturday, June 10, 2006

Even more updates

I really have had the strangest week. In terms of a job, I ended up staying at work Wednesday after my interview doing projects all day as a trial run. They were impressed with my work and I actually had FUN doing it! So then it turned out they wanted to keep me on as an employee, if anything just so that they wouldn't have to redo paperwork if they chose me for this position, so I got paid time off for Thursday and Friday. The latest update on the job front is that they want me to come in Monday, get to know the rest of the team better, and do more projects (as a paid employee). I figure hey, why not? It will give me time to see if I like it and it'll give them time to see if they like me as much as they think they do.

Graduation was pretty fun. We were in mud up to our ankles--typical Ivy League! Of course they hadn't much prepared for it and weren't apologetic about it. We sat in the rain for hours. My husband and I got our picture taken a bunch because, in an effort to be festive, we put "NEWLY" on his mortar board and "WEDS" on mine. Sitting together, our hats said NEWLYWEDS, and people thought we were a hoot. The University newspaper, the Div school paper, and others came and got our names and such. Fun! Then we had an incredible dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse--yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I had filet mignon, a baked potato, calamari, bread, wine, creme brulee, and coffee. I thought I was going to pop a button off my pants by the end! We had a private dining room because there were so many of us and it was absolutely lovely. I don't think I've enjoyed myself that much in months.

Yesterday I met up with my husband's family and we went for a nice long lunch at Legal Seafood, then walked around Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, back to the Commons, Prudential, and finally went to the Red Sox game at Fenway. It was great! My mom and brother met us for the Sox game so we had a big line of folks there. It only began raining at the very end--last inning and a half. I had bought a green Sox cap so the rain didn't bother me.

I have to say that it's still strange to have tourists running amok in "my" city--and it's also weird to know that this is now "my" city. I never expected to settle in Boston, but here we are, homeowners, and I think that means we can claim it.

I've been reading that book on pregnancy and I wonder, with all the symptoms that pregnant women have, will I be able to work during the pregnancy???

1 comment:

Nancy French said...

Yes! You can work all the way up til you're ready to deliver a baby! Remember The Good Earth??
:)

Seriously, I worked and took classes while pregnant. I had my last final exam on December the 17th and delivered Camille on the 21st.

Yikes.