Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's Official!

Today I got the news that I've been hired on for good in the role I've been doing. Same pay, better hours, and I actually enjoy it! Amazing, really, how events unfolded. I'm quite pleased with it all. I have been getting to know my real boss this week (last week he was out of town and I was reporting directly to his supervisor) and he's great. I really like working with him. The official email to the office was sent out today and I got notes of congratulations from folks all over the country. Everyone seems pleased and so am I.

Speaking of being pleased, I think I must have the best husband in the world. He is so thoughtful and bought me a fancy pair of earrings for our anniversary! I've wanted earrings like this for a long time, and he spent the morning driving around, looking at them and choosing a pair. He bought the pair this afternoon and gave them to me when I got home. I am wearing them now and I'm SO pretty! I love them. Oh, and he made it a point to tell me all the ways in which I deserve such a beautiful, indulgent gift, pointing out all the things I've done well or been good at this last year. Now I feel guilty that all I did was take him out for Mexican food! :)

So, things are good, and tomorrow night we're flying to KC and I'm singing the national anthem on Saturday night at the Royals game. Yay! Right now I'm going to go pack.

No comments: