Monday, June 26, 2006

Great Weekend

Yep, that's right, my weekend was great. KC was sunny and had a light breeze--such perfect weather that every possible moment, I was sitting out on the back patio with a book, sunglasses, and whatever dog would come out with me. Love-ly! The Royals game went well and I "sang" beautifully (even though I recorded it over a week ago). Everyone thought it was great and told me so. It was quite a moment for the ego of a woman who "used to sing" but no longer does. I guess I still got it. It's a bit similar to the feeling of fitting into the pants you were CONVINCED you had grown out of, which I also did last week.

Speaking of fitting into pants, my husband and I have begun something of a get in shape program, though there's really no program and we're not working out at the same time. Nor do we weigh ourselves, take measurements, or set goals. It basically consists of committing to jogging on the treadmill at least four times a week and sticking to a more nutritious, healthy diet. I am in better shape than my husband and lately he has been really bothered by his weight gain since we met. I've been concerned about mine, too, but perhaps because women are supposed to have curves, I have been able to laugh mine off more. I wish I could figure out a way to support him without making him feel overweight, but so far it seems that just encouraging him without being pushy is going okay. I think when he starts making progress I'll be sure to notice, but until then, there's not much to say.

So, I just jogged/powerwalked two miles, took a shower, and now I'm making some plain pasta for dinner. We're out of pretty well everything grocery-wise, and we don't want to stock up too much because Friday night we're headed for a vacation in Colorado. We'll hike, fish, and generally stay outside and stay healthy as much as possible. We REALLY need a vacation!!!! Boy are we ever ready.

Guess that's all the news. I had some thoughts earlier but I've forgotten them. I think I'll grab my book to read during dinner, as hubby is out at a meeting until 9.

1 comment:

Kait Nolan said...

Good. You needed a break.